Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Joel 3:17-21

The conclusion to this book and our study comes with such hope. "And Jerusalem shall be holy." I see Jerusalem here as a reference to God's chosen people (you're more than welcome to disagree with me on this). We are now God's chosen people, and His people shall be holy. Not because of any merit on our part-all contributions on our part deter our progress toward holiness-but by the fact that we are His, and He will do with us what He wills. He wills us to be holy, so we shall be such a holy people.

"I will avenge their blood, blood I have not avenged, for the LORD dwells in Zion." Why will the Lord avenge their blood? The answer follows: "for the LORD dwells in Zion."

I have very much enjoyed our study, and want to specifically thank Jordan and Candace for your involvement in keeping this blog afloat as I have had to reduce my involvement. It's been a joy and I look forward to keeping this blog going for much longer.

No comments: