Monday, February 4, 2008

Finale

"We, in our arrogance, measure sin by its effects within the created order and upon us. Isaiah sees more clearly: sin is to be measured by the majesty and purity of the One against Whom it is necessarily perpetrated" (F. Seay).

Do I see my sin clearly? Am I intensely aware of my sin and know its effects? Will I cry "Woe is me!?" Or am I blinded and complacent? I pray that my response would be one that sees sin as it is and how disgusting it is to ou Holy Perfect Lord! As I write I am convicted that I so often and sluff off the seriousness of my sin. Which only leads to more sin. My God is a HOLY, HOLY, HOLY God!!! I am the exact opposite, I am weak, it is frightening...and should command my reverence.

But here is the good news of the gospel: The infinitely Holy God is also a gracious and merciful God! AMEN! There is now therefore NO, zilch, nada, condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I confess and repent, HE FORGIVES! Nothing I did, caused or earned this.

"It should also be noted that "Isaiah does not plead for mercy, nor does he make great vows if God will but deliver him. All of the evidence makes it appear that he considers his case hopeless. Yet out of the smoke comes a seraph with a purifying coal. God does not reveal himself to destroy us, but rather to redeem us" (Oswalt, 184). In other words, Isaiah is redeemed and forgiven at God's initiative, not his own."

The Holy God of Israel reveals Himself to redeem us, TO REDEEM US!!! NOT DESTROY US!!!! He is Holy, I am not, I should be dead. What a loving merciful Father we have!!! I could go on and on...Thank you Lord that you are HOLY, HOLY, HOLY, may my lips glorify your name and NOT the name of Jordan or the evil one!

Scott thanks for opening up this discussion and providing the article! I really enjoyed this and was convicted, blessed, and made even more aware of what a Holy God we serve! I look forward to doing something like this often!!!

No comments: